[gmx-users] Help for GNUPlot

Per Larsson per.larsson at sbc.su.se
Tue May 6 15:14:44 CEST 2008

Hello!

Please note that xmgrace and gunplot are two different programs and as
such work in different ways, for example in terms of what types of
input and output they expect. The xvg-files that Gromacs produces are
indended for xmgrace, and will not work out-of-the-box with gnuplot.

There are tons of tutorials on the internet on how to use gnuplot, and
I suggest that you start by following a few of those, learning how to
first make some simple toy-plots

Cheers
/Per