[gmx-users] Free energy - Hydrogen bond solute-solvent - Ethanol as an example.

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Wed May 7 09:47:40 CEST 2008

Hi

I'm not to sure about how Berk exactly did that.
But, if I understood that correctly, he let things vanish (which is for
sure the better method, than letting things appear). If he did that, he
computed the DEsolvation free energy. This actually is the inverse of
the solvation free energy. Therefore, I think, you have to switch the
sign of your calculations and you're fine.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310