[gmx-users] Non integer charge for ARG and CYX?

Georgios Patargias G.N.Patargias at leeds.ac.uk
Thu May 8 13:09:13 CEST 2008

Hello

Sorry if I address an already covered issue. I happened to notice that adding up
the ffamber03 partial charges for ARG doesnt yield +1 but ~1.6. Also, for CYX
the total charge is ~0.87. Is this is a known issue?

In the .itp file, pdb2gmx adds up rounded charge values (as seen in the qtot column)
and so the total ARG charge comes up to +1 and for CYX 0.

In .tpr, i.e. in the simulation, the full charge values are used, as they are contained in the
ffamber03.rtp but grompp doesn issu warnings for non-integer total charge save for rounding
errors.

Thanks in advance.

George

Dr. George Patargias