[gmx-users] Free energy of discharging and then recharging not zero

Robert Johnson bobjohnson1981 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 17:51:55 CEST 2008

Hi Maik,
That's exactly what I'm attempting to do...morph G to A etc. All I'm
doing here is turning off the charges of G and then turning them on
again. Wouldn't you do this anyway in the morph step? Wouldn't the
process go something like: Turn off charges -> Morph LJ parameters ->
Turn on charges.

It seems like I've got to be doing something wrong. I can't believe
that simply turning off/on the charges would drastically perturb the
entire system and prevent convergence.
Bob