[gmx-users] RDF values lower than 1

Argyrios Karatrantos argyriosk at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 22:54:35 CEST 2008

Hi,
i calculate the RDF from NVT simulation of a solution of polyelectrolyte chains and their counterions. The RDF calculated is between the monomers of the chains and the counterions.  I would expect that the equilibrated value of RDF would be 1.
However  it is always lower than 1,  at values of 0.9-0.95.   Whats the reason of that , is anything wrong with my simulation?
I do a long enough run to stabilize the total energy of the system and temperature
Thanks in advance for your help