[gmx-users] problem with simulation of phosphatidic acid, possibly in my topology?

Yiannis ioannis.nicolis at free.fr
Mon May 12 23:46:59 CEST 2008

Dear Maria,
I am not sure but something you should look further is the rotation
around your P3-O2 bond (which is P8-O7 in Tieleman's topology).
It is described by the first two lines of your dihedral section
topology:
    1     2     3     6     1    0.0     1.05   3
    1     2     3     6     1    0.0     3.14   2
which I see you took identical to the corresponding lines of Tieleman.

But in your case this is a rotation around O-P-O-H and in POPC it's
around O-P-O-C

I would expect that the function fitting these two dihedrals changes
between POPC and POPA.

Probably the P-O-H angle should also differ from the P-O-C and that
could have an influence on the other angles around P.

These two parts of the topology are I believe to be verified.

Ioannis