[gmx-users] multiple time step algorithm

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 12:21:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

Our philosophy up till now has been to remove the fastest motions
(using constraints and virtual sites) allowing for a larger time step,
instead of using a multiple time step algorithm.

Having a multiple time step algorithm would be nice, but this
would cause a lot more communication in the parallelization.
It would also make the code more complicated than it already is.

Berk.