[gmx-users] Re:confusion regarding tpbconv

Anamika Awasthi aawasthi28 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 07:53:07 CEST 2008

> shall we mention in this way?
> steps:
> 1- tpbconv -f old.trr -e old.edr -s old.tpr -o new.tpr
> 2- mdrun -v -deffnm new.tpr

hello Sudheer.
 As i know about this command, this is only a shortcut and it takes all the
filename as default,
 so if we will do mdrun after a second or third crash, all the .edr .trr and
other filenames can confuse us.
   I dont know, How much I am correct.
        Anamika
check (gmxcheck -h) the content of trr and edr files!
.trr should contain coordinates and velocities
.edr should contain energies

at the same time, 7 ns you mention I think.