[gmx-users] how to build the input files of an infinite system

silvester.thu silvester.thu at gmail.com
Thu May 15 04:49:56 CEST 2008

Thanks, Mark

I am so sorry about my failure to describe my problem clearly. My problem is that while I was doing EM with that infinite system, the Fmax was unreasonably large (~1e4). But just now, I changed the pbc=xyz to pbc=full in my em.mdp file, then it is OK now.
So I have a new question now: as the pbc=full has never been mentioned in GROMACS 3.3 manual, what is the difference between pbc=full and pbc=xyz?

I have checked the example of CNT on the website you mentioned. I do not use x2top in my simulation, because I generate the input .gro and .itp files directly with other programs. I manually add the topology among atoms on the neighboring edges of graphene and its image. But the pbc=full mentioned in that example is very helpful.

Thanks for your suggestion!

silvester.thu
2008-05-15