[gmx-users] RMSD plot

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu May 15 18:04:41 CEST 2008

Quoting minnale <minnale_gnos at rediffmail.com>:

> Thanks for your prompt reply Justin
> I am simulating 1ns each time, Due to this its happening? why i got this
> doubt because at each 1ns, graph is showing either lowside fluctuations or
> upside fluctuations.

I don't understand what you mean.

I doubt that you're causing any problems by simulating 1 ns at a time.  The best
I can guess, you just need more time for your simulation to stabilize.  Without
any knowledge of what it is, it's hard to say.  Be aware that RMSD can
fluctuate quite widely until the structure is happy.

-Justin