[gmx-users] RMSD plot

minnale minnale_gnos at rediffmail.com
Thu May 15 20:16:24 CEST 2008

If I use the command in this way with option -mir insted of -o

g_rms -f 9ns.xtc -n r20-50.ndx -mir mirror.xvg -pbc -s min.gro
       selected r_20-50 for least square fit group
       selected c-alpha for RMSD calculation

if I plot a graph by using mirror.xvg file there is no fluctuations after 4ns to 9ns I can say system is almost stabilised, but if i use -o option RMSD values are quite vary and system not yet stable even at 9ns
so shall i stop the simulation or continue the simulation some more time as Justin said.
sorry for the asking trivial questions.
Thanks for your appreciation

n Thursday, 15. May 2008 18:04, Justin A. Lemkul wrote:
> Quoting minnale <minnale_gnos at rediffmail.com>:
> > Thanks for your prompt reply Justin
> > I am simulating 1ns each time, Due to this its happening? why i got this
> > doubt because at each 1ns, graph is showing either lowside fluctuations
> > or upside fluctuations.
>
> I don't understand what you mean.

>have you mirrored your trajectory  back to a normal box?
>Have you inspected it visually, does it always stay inside the box?

>If not use trjconv -pbc nojump -fit rot+trans

>greetings,

Florian