[gmx-users] How to build a custom protein (PDB file)

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri May 16 21:13:19 CEST 2008

Ricardo Soares skrev:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I have a particular amino acid sequence and I wanna build a
> custom-shaped protein and make it a pdb file (I'm talking about
> non-realistic forms, like squares or a full extended chain). Can
> anyone indicate me some software for this task?
>
> Thanx!

I don't build much myself, but I use pymol a bit and I know it is
capable of building stuff. It is also scriptable and pythonable so
automatic generation of a structure from a sequence ought to be doable.
And it's free.

/Erik

Erik Marklund, PhD student
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics,
Husargatan 3, Box 596,    75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:    +46 18 471 4537        fax: +46 18 511 755
erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/molbiophys