[gmx-users] how to remd analysi?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu May 22 04:47:29 CEST 2008

xi zhao wrote:
> Dear all users:
> I performed remd using GROMACS 3.3.1,but I find that I do not know how
> to analyze the result further,

"Analyze" really doesn't tell us what you're trying to do.

> though I have demux.pl script and produced
> replica_index.xvg and replica_temp.xvg files, the contents of two files
> are the same! I use trjcat_d to produce a continuous trajectory,when
> analyzing the trajectory, the system shows segment fault? Please give me
> some advice and analysis tools!

You need to tell us what you're trying to do explicitly. That means text
describing your intentions, a command line that you tried to use, the
output from it, and (potentially) why you think it wasn't what you expected.

A segmentation fault is a generic problem with referencing an illegal
memory location, and thus just about anything could cause it. If there's
no GROMACS-specific error message, though, then it's very likely to be
something you've done wrongly.