[gmx-users] about DMSO c-c bond and c-o bond in ffg53a6 force field

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu May 22 09:24:28 CEST 2008

wang kelvin wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> I am simulating DMSO. At fisrst ,bond parameters contain two c-c
> bonds,and c-o bond ,which actually not in existence. But gmx 's force
> field ffg53a6 documents in top directory defines these bonds. When
> running mdrun , system reminds "segmentation default". then i get these
> virtual bond away , since that mdrun is ok !
>
> Can anyone tell me why gmx define these bonds (ie. C-O bond ,C-C bond)?
> And has eliminating these bonds effects on simulating result?
>

> Any suggestion is appreciated.

I'd suggest describing your observations more coherently and in more detail.

Otherwise, with a view to using SHAKE, some united-atom DMSO models
prefer to define six bonded interactions, rather than three bonded
interactions and three angle interactions. Thus, DMSO C-C and C-O
interactions can exist. However, you should already know about this from
reading the literature about your DMSO model, right? :-)