[gmx-users] Re: 1-4 scaling problem?

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sat May 24 08:05:06 CEST 2008

Dear Anindita,

There is good reason to keep this on the mailing list.

I am happy to help, but you are misrepresenting the situation
to say that you received no answer on the mailing list. In fact,
you received quite a bit of assistance:

http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2008-May/034064.html
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2008-May/034059.html
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2008-May/034062.html (my own reply)
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2008-May/034070.html (my own reply)
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2008-May/034123.html
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2008-May/033999.html

I have seen some of your latest posts on the mailing list, but since you
did not take any action since I asked you to post in simple text to
the mailing
list, I started ignoring your posts. The &nsbp fields make it impossible for
me to read your posts without a huge amount of work. Look into your email
client ant set it to simple text formatting (i.e. turn off your html
formatting
on your emails)!

 From a quick look:

1) Your [pairs] are highly non-standard. Why are you commenting out
some of them? e.g.
;      1       6       1
;      2       6       1

2) You appear to have changed your .mdp as per suggestions on the
list, but please tell us about that since it saves us investigative
work to know that
you have addressed some specific concerns.

3) Your LO LO [ pairtypes ] looks correct. I did not check the others.

Please post the files that you attached to the email that you sent me
in some way that others can see them and possibly help you. Also
please ensure that you overcome your &nsbp problem when you post those
to the list. I remain unwilling to wade through the hundreds of &nsbp
fields.

A question: what are the experimental values for DMPC at 300K? I did
not work directly with DMPC before. I use POPC at 323K mostly, and
sometimes I use POPC at 310K.

I am going away for the weekend. Once you have posted the relevant
information to the list and solved your &nsbp problems, then I will
take a deeper look into the problems that you are experiencing.

Chris.