[gmx-users] 1-4 Scaling Problem?

Chris Neale chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon May 26 23:24:22 CEST 2008

I previously stated that I had simulated POPC with LRLJ cutoff at 2.0nm and found the area per lipid to decrease.
This was incorrect. In fact, I should have said that I simulated DPPC using a 1.0nm cutoff for LRLJ and a 2.0nm cutoff
for coulombic, without PME, according to Tieleman and Berendsen JCP 105 1996, p. 4871.

Apologies for my error.

Chris.

-- relevant text from the original --

Thank you for providing the information that experimental is 59.6A. What
did Tieleman report? I have run his POPC with the .mdp options stated in
the associated paper (LRLJ at 2.0nm) and found the area per lipid to
shrink immediately. I concluded from that test that, for that one paper
at least, either the methods section was not entirely correct, or the
ambiguous way in which the type of pressure coupling was explained led
me to do pressure coupling differently than they did (I used semiisotropic).