[gmx-users] Calculating bond energy

Yulia Einav yulia_e at hit.ac.il
Thu May 29 11:40:11 CEST 2008

Thank you for your reply, Mark.
My protein has four disulfide bonds. I did in silico mutation of one of them and, then, MD simulations. Now I want to know whether breaking one bond influence the others. I can measure the distance between the centers of mass of two sulfur atoms, but is it sufficient to supply the information about bond strength of each disulfide? I guess I mean the bond dissociation energy (not the average one, but rather for each bond individually) of the remaining S-S bonds in the protein.
Thanks!

Yulia Einav Ph.D.

Mathematical Biology Unit
Department of Applied Mathematics
Faculty of Sciences, H.I.T.
52 Golomb Str. POB 305, Holon 58102, Israel.
Tel. 972-3-5026769, Fax. 972-3-5026769