[gmx-users] Re: Persistent crashes due to unsettled waters

Aaron Fafarman aarontf at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 3 00:31:08 CET 2008

Thanks for the tip about the "blowing-up" page on the wiki--I already
checked there and found little help because my crashes are coming so
long into the runs (sometimes as late as 1 million steps in). This is
also why I can't debug with nstxout = 1: the output files would get
too big. I'm also reluctant to lower the time-step from 2 fs to say 1
fs, because I'm already resource-limited in these simulations, and
slowing them down would halve the amount of sampling I could do.

Any other thoughts on this?

The mdp file for these crashing runs is shown below:

integrator      = md
nsteps          = 2000000
dt              = 0.002
nstlist         = 10