[gmx-users] problem with lamboot

sarbani chattopadhyay sarbani_c84 at rediffmail.com
Mon Nov 3 08:32:14 CET 2008

  Hi everybody,
                      I have question regarding parallel run. I am new to this and may sound very
stupid so please bear with me.

           Our's is a 10.4.1 Mac Os X with 2 X 2.66 GHz Dual -Core Intel Xeon processor.
Gromacs 3.3.1 was loaded in it. Then I had downloaded the "lam-7.06" package from the
gromacs homepage.
The host file is present in /private/etc/ directory as expected and reads
 ##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1       localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1             localhost

However  "lamboot" gives error on running on this host file. I want to know the correct way
to modify the host file so that I can launch the "lam/mpi" environment.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks in advance
Sarbani