[gmx-users] doubt about the ffencadv.rtp

Serena Leone sleone at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 3 21:46:36 CET 2008

Dear all,

I was trying to model a peptide that I built from scratch with Chimera
to use in some simulation with Gromacs 4 (encad vacuum ff). After
moduifying the atom names in the pdb accordingly to rtp for
ffencadv.rtp, I keep obtaining this error from pdb2gmx:

Program pdb2gmx, VERSION 4.0
Source code file: pgutil.c, line: 87

Fatal error:
Atom H not found in residue 3 while adding improper

Residue 3 in my case is a Pro, and, not being terminal, it is not
supposed to have an amide H. Now, I know that is usually not
recommended to play with the ff rtp files, but it seems to me an error
in the rtp, that maybe needs to be corrected:

rtp entry:

[ PRO ]
[ atoms ]
     N    N     0.000     0
    CA    C1   -0.119     1
    HA    H     0.119     1
    CB    CP   -0.238     2
   HB1    H     0.119     2
   HB2    H     0.119     2
    CG    CP   -0.238     3
   HG1    H     0.119     3
   HG2    H     0.119     3
    CD    CP   -0.238     4
   HD1    H     0.119     4
   HD2    H     0.119     4
     C    Aprime    0.380     5
     O    O    -0.380     5
[ bonds ]
     N    CA
    CA    HA
    CA    CB
    CA     C
    CB   HB1
    CB   HB2
    CB    CG
    CG   HG1
    CG   HG2
    CG    CD
    CD   HD1
    CD   HD2
    CD     N
     C     O
    -C     N
[ dihedrals ]
   -CA     -C      N     CD
   -C       N     CA      C
    N      CA     CB     CG
    N      CA      C     +N
   CA      CB     CG     CD
   CB      CG     CD      N
[ impropers ]
    -C     CA      N      H      improper_X_X_N_X
     N      C     CA     HA      improper_X_X_C_X
     N      C     CA     CB      improper_N_A_C1_C
    CA     CG     CB    HB1      improper_X_X_C_X
    CA     CG     CB    HB2      improper_X_X_C_X
    CB     CD     CG    HG1      improper_X_X_C_X
    CB     CD     CG    HG2      improper_X_X_C_X
    CG      N     CD    HD1      improper_X_X_C_X
    CG      N     CD    HD2      improper_X_X_C_X
    -C     CD      N     CA      improper_X_X_N_X
    CA     +N      C      O      improper_X_X_A_X

Now, my guess would be, to describethe same improper, that it should read:

-C     CA      N      CD      improper_X_X_N_X

instead of

-C     CA      N      H      improper_X_X_N_X

am I right, or am I overlooking something?

Thank you very much,
Cheers,
Serena
--

Serena Leone, Ph.D.
Brigham and Women's Hospital

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.