[gmx-users] the mdp file

He, Yang yang.he at mavs.uta.edu
Tue Nov 4 00:23:28 CET 2008

Hi all users,

When I change the value of nsteps in my mdp file to run the gromacs and show the trajectory in the gromcas, I found that only the value of nsteps is set by 10, is there just  the animation of the molecule's movement . I have tried many time and set the other values of nsteps, there isn't any movement about the molecule at all.

I am strange about that and this is my part of mdp file:

;VARIOUS PREPROCESSING OPTIONS
title                    = atom
; Preprocessor - specify a full path if necessary.
cpp                      = cpp
define                   =

; RUN CONTROL PARAMETERS
integrator               = md
; Start time and timestep in ps
tinit                    = 0
dt                       = 0.002
nsteps                   = 10
; For exact run continuation or redoing part of a run
init_step                = 0
; mode for center of mass motion removal
comm-mode                = Linear
; number of steps for center of mass motion removal
nstcomm                  = 1
; group(s) for center of mass motion removal
comm-grps                =

; NEIGHBORSEARCHING PARAMETERS
; nblist update frequency
nstlist                  = 1
; ns algorithm (simple or grid)c 4
ns_type                  = grid
; Periodic boundary conditions: xyz (default), no (vacuum)
; or full (infinite systems only)
pbc                      = xyz
; nblist cut-off
rlist                    = 0.686
domain-decomposition     = no

; OPTIONS FOR ELECTROSTATICS AND VDW
; Method for doing electrostatics
coulombtype              = User
rcoulomb-switch          = 0
rcoulomb                 = 0.9
; Relative dielectric constant for the Cut-off or DC of the reaction field
epsilon-r                = 78
; Method for doing Van der Waals
vdw-type                 = User
; cut-off lengths
rvdw-switch              = 0
rvdw                     = 0.9
; Apply long range dispersion corrections for Energy and Pressure
DispCorr                 = EnerPres
; Extension of the potential lookup tables beyond the cut-off
table-extension          = 1
; Seperate tables between energy group pairs
energygrp_table          =
; Spacing for the PME/PPPM FFT grid
fourierspacing           = 0.12
; FFT grid size, when a value is 0 fourierspacing will be used
fourier_nx               = 0
fourier_ny               = 0
fourier_nz               = 0
; EWALD/PME/PPPM parameters
pme_order                = 4
ewald_rtol               = 1e-05
ewald_geometry           = 3d
epsilon_surface          = 0
optimize_fft             = no

Can anyone of you tell me what is the problem?

Thank you very much.

Yang