[gmx-users] Problems with grompp and posre.itp in gromacs 4.0

Nuno Azoia nazoia at det.uminho.pt
Wed Nov 5 16:53:16 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 16:28 +0100, Berk Hess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just ran the 4.0 version of pdb2gmx on a multi-chain pdb file
> and posre.itp does not appear anywhere.

When I've run pdb2gmx on my multi-chain pdb file I get posre_*.itp files
automatically because in my pdb file I have chain identifiers; I have
chain A and chain B, and Gromacs assumed chain C. That files was not
"hand made".

Now I've tried to run pdb2gmx on the same pdb file, but without chain
identifiers and I get just one posre.itp file with all the information.

But the real question is not that. Why is grompp asking for a posre.itp
file that's not declared anywhere? In the .top file I declared my
posre_*.itp files, so why is grompp ask me for posre.itp? And the
strange thing is that with a empty file everything is working now.

Have you tried to run energy minimization on multi-chain system, having
no posre.itp file?

Nuno Azoia