[gmx-users] Re: .xtc file is incomplete

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Fri Nov 7 16:44:46 CET 2008

We have experienced this with NFS delay problems if you try to access
the fie before it is completely written. On our most frustrating
server, it can take up to an hour for the .xtc to be written in rare
cases. For us, the biggest problem is when the .trr and .edr are
completely written but the .xtc is not. Therefore one may not notice
for many days and end up unable to make a nice movie to show your
colleagues. To combat this, I developed an automated checkpointing
script that you can find in the beginners->checkpointing jobs section
of the gromacs wiki.

Chris.