[gmx-users] Thickness distribution over area of bilayer-membrane

anirban polley polley.anirban at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 06:39:45 CET 2008

Hi,
     I saw that average thickness can be measured by peak to peak distance
of a electron density graph. This electron density can be calculated by
g_density command. But g_density gives the average electron density of the
membrane. So, I can get the average thickness of the membrane by subtracting
peak to peak distance of the electron density graph.
     But I want to see how the thickness of the membrane is fluctuating over
area. So, can you tell me how I can calculate  the thickness of the
membrane.
Regards,
Anirban