[gmx-users] Gromacs-4.0.2 is out

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Mon Nov 10 09:23:42 CET 2008

Hi,

I think we've fixed all minor issues with Gromacs-4.0 now; please
download the new release from

ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/gromacs/gromacs-4.0.2.tar.gz

Now, a friend of order might ask what happened to 4.0.1 that appeared
on the ftp site for a couple of hours on friday?

Unfortunately we accidentally disabled all water optimization in that
brown-paper-bag-over-head release, which will result in a serious
performance drop.
Thus, PLEASE UPGRADE TO 4.0.2 ASAP IF YOU INSTALLED 4.0.1!

Sorry for the confusion - now that we have a somewhat stable release
we'll concentrate on creating binary packages!

Cheers,

Erik