[gmx-users] adding NH2 cap to C terminal

sarbani chattopadhyay sarbani_c84 at rediffmail.com
Mon Nov 10 11:00:01 CET 2008

  Thank you for reply.
  Amber  force fields have parameters for C-terminal-C(O)-NH2 . But I don't know which of
the force fields in Gromacs 3.3.1 have parametrs for the C-terminal amide cap. Is it
possible to introduce these parameters manually. What I need to know is that which other
files  do I need to modify ?
Till now I have only modified the terminal database ,( though I may have made some
mistake ), but the added "N" 's coordinates are given by pdb2gmx  as " nan nan nan"

Thanks in advance
Sarbani

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 Mark Abraham wrote :
>sarbani chattopadhyay wrote:
>>   Hi,
>>     I want to add -NH2 to the c terminal end of my peptide. If I modify the " C-terminal
>>databse"-> "-c.tdb" , will it be possible to add -NH2 to the "CO" end of the last residue
at the
>>C terminal end.
>
>For some forcefields, yes. You need the forcefield to have parameters for (C-terminal) -C
(O)-NH2. Not all of them do. Probably the ones that have it parameterized already have the
terminus topologies in the database.

gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.