[gmx-users] Gromacs 4 Scaling Benchmarks...

Carsten Kutzner ckutzne at gwdg.de
Mon Nov 10 13:44:26 CET 2008

Hi,

most likely the Ethernet is the problem here. I compiled some numbers
for the DPPC
benchmark in the paper "Speeding up parallel GROMACS on high-latency
networks",
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/114205207/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0
which are for version 3.3, but PME will behave similarly. If you did
not already use
separate PME nodes, this is worth a try, since on Ethernet the
performance will drastically
depend on the number of nodes involved in the FFT. I also have a tool
which finds the
optimal PME settings for a given number of nodes, by varying the
number of PME nodes
and the fourier grid settings. I can send it to you if you want.

Carsten