[gmx-users] how to write .top file for a rigid molecule

Arthur Roberts aroberts99163 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 09:27:41 CET 2008

Dear Jinyao,

If you are talking about making the ring rigid and side group rigid, I
would suggest adding a bunch of improper dihedrals to keep the
molecule rigid.  I found without adding the improper dihedrals that
molecules that I would expect to be rigid were uncharacteristically
conformationally flexible.  I hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Art Roberts
University of Washington