[gmx-users] grompp NOTE mdp file concerning steps

Claus Valka lastexile7gr at yahoo.de
Wed Nov 12 12:29:42 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm using gromacs version 4.0 and when I type :
grompp -f file.mdp -c file.gro -p topol.top

I get this note:
NOTE 1 [file file.mdp, line unknown]:

and nothing else.

I checked my mdp file and I noticed than when I give 50000000 steps I get this error (steps with more than 7 digits). If e.g. I give 5000000 steps I do not get this message.

Testing it with previous versions I do not get this note-error.

Am I the only one facing this? Should I pay attention or is something trivial?

Regards,
Nikos