[gmx-users] can't find fftw3f library

sarbani chattopadhyay sarbani_c84 at rediffmail.com
Thu Nov 13 08:44:20 CET 2008

Hi everybody,
                   I am trying to install gromacs3.3.2 into my Mac Os X 10.4.1 using the source
code. I have installed FFTW and the library files of fftw are in /usr/local/lib.

However when I try to configure gromacs, it's gives an error :
Cannot find fftw3f library.

Going through the config.log file I found the following :
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lfftw3f
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I tried to specify the path to fftw library through the following:
export LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib, but still the problem persists.

Did I understand the problem correctly? Is it right that the path to FFTW library needs to be
specified correctly or is there any other problem?
Any suggestion will be highly helpful.

Thanks in advance
Sarbani