[gmx-users] NO such a molecule type

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Nov 15 23:12:35 CET 2008

Morteza Khabiri wrote:
> Dear gmx users
>
> I want to run the system by OPLS forcefield. My system has protein, water
> and  1 ligand (Boromohexane) and NA. At the first I put the protein in the
> water and minimized it then add the ligand to system. I already made a itp
> file for the ligand. I add the ligand itp file to the topology file which
> was include the itp file of protein and water and Na to nautral the
> system.
> But after running grompp i faced with the following ERRORR:
>
> calling cpp...
> topol.top:43944:18: error: Br.itp: No such file or directory

That really does mean what it says. Filenames are case-sensitive. cpp
should look in your working directory, the directory(ies) of your -I
flags and the directory contained in GMXLIB environment variable. It's
conceivable that you have a broken cpp if you haven't known it to work
correctly before - e.g. it might not look in the working directory by
default. Try in your .mdp file "define = -DFLEXIBLE -I."

Mark