[gmx-users] error: triclinic skew factor - number of DD cells

Claus Valka lastexile7gr at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 17 19:26:54 CET 2008

Hello,

while I 'm executing an md run I came accross this error:
Fatal error:
The X-size of the box (22.541477) times the triclinic skew factor (0.317120) is
smaller than the number of DD cells (8) times the smallest allowed cell size (0.895000)

My system is monoclinic (sub-categorie to triclinic systems) and I get this error at random.

Should I run in less processors (less than 8) or should I add -dd option in mdrun? If that is so, which value should be ideal?

Thank you,
Nikos