[gmx-users] gromacs 4.0.2 error in continuation to triclinic skew error

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 09:28:23 CET 2008

Hi,

The LJ-14 interaction is a two-body interaction,
one of which is apparently at a distance longer than the non-bonded cut-off.
mdrun determines the communication distances when starting
the simulation, see the md.log file for details.
Apparently all your bonded interactions are initially within
the non-bonded cut-off distance, but become longer
during the run.

You can set the bonded communication distance (as hinted
in the error message) with the mdrun option -rdd.
1 nm might already be enough, but the distance will no affect
the performance significantly (unless it prohibits certain
dd grid setups).

Berk