[gmx-users] Re: Constraints - PMF - Different Molecules (Mark Abraham/Arthur Roberts)

Eudes Fileti fileti at ufabc.edu.br
Wed Nov 19 19:25:40 CET 2008

Dear Mark and Arthur, thank you for your reply.
I did what you suggest me and almost everything worked.
I created a topology with the two molecules without bonded parameters
between them and put constrains on two of its atoms.
I did a minimization and a simulation (md integrator).
It worked perfectly. But when I tried to perform the calculation
to free energy using the options below, the simulation
failed. Setting free-energy "no" the simulation works again.
Do you have any suggestions? Bests
eef

; Free energy control stuff
free-energy              = yes
init-lambda              = 1.0
delta-lambda             = 0
sc-alpha                 = 0
sc-power                 = 0
sc-sigma                 = 0.3

Error Message:
Back Off! I just backed up dgdl.xvg to ./#dgdl.xvg.9#
starting mdrun 'C60 - PMF'
30000 steps,     60.0 ps.

Back Off! I just backed up traj.trr to ./#traj.trr.18#
step 0Warning: 1-4 interaction between 5 and 28 at distance 1.398 which is
larger than the 1-4 table size 1.000 nm
These are ignored for the rest of the simulation
This usually means your system is exploding,
if not, you should increase table-extension in your mdp file