[gmx-users] Calculating the time for existence of h-bond

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Nov 20 19:09:50 CET 2008

minnu vijayan wrote:
> hello friends
> for doing normal mode analysis i am trying to create .mtx file .but in
> output i am not getting thi .mtx file..what all precautions i have to take
>
> with thanks

To get the attention of someone who deals with normal modes, it would be best to
start a new thread with an appropriate subject line.  Joining in on an existing
thread with unrelated content will often get your question overlooked (or ignored).

Now, to attempt to answer your question.  There are many things that could be
going wrong, but no one on this list can read your mind or figure out what
exactly you're doing.  So here are some tips:

1. Post the text of your .mdp file
2. Show the *exact* command line you're using with mdrun
3. Provide the version of Gromacs you're using, at the very least, to rule out
old versions and fixed bugs.  Information about your system and how Gromacs was
compiled may be useful to ensure you did everything right.

Also consider how much memory your system might have in doing such a
calculation, or writing such a matrix.  Also consider read/write permissions on
the working directory.

-Justin

> On 11/20/08, *vivek sharma* <viveksharma.iitb at gmail.com
> <mailto:viveksharma.iitb at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>     I am analyzing the h-bond information for a mdrun using g_hbond. Can
>     I know the % of  trajectory time for which a bond between particular
>     residue was existing?
>
>     If anybody have tried such option please suggest me a way to do so.
>
>     With thanks,
>     Vivek

>     posting!
>     Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>     www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>     Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant