[gmx-users] OPLSAA parameters

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:02:59 CET 2008

Hi,

In 3 C and O are not atom names, but bonded atom types.
OPLS has non-bonded atom types opls_???
which in turn have bonded atom types.
There are far less bonded atom types then there
are non-bonded atom types.

Different force fields are set up in different ways.
OPLS is simple in some respects and more complex
in this respect (this is not a Gromacs but an OPLS issue).

Berk