[gmx-users] Gromacs-4.0.2: energy minimization error in parallel version

Suman Chakrabarty suman at sscu.iisc.ernet.in
Fri Nov 21 20:07:18 CET 2008

Dear all,

I am trying to use mdrun_mpi for energy minimization over 2/4/8 nodes.
But in every case the run gets aborted with the following error:

Program mdrun_mpi, VERSION 4.0.2
Source code file: minimize.c, line: 404

Software inconsistency error:
state mismatch in do_em_step

What could be the reason behind this? As far as I remember I have not
faced this problem in 3.3.3 version. Not that I regularly use parallel
version for energy minimization, but it would be nice to be able to
sort out this problem. The PR or MD run goes fine in the same
settings.

The mdp file is:

title           = cg+steep energymin spce watbox
cpp             = /lib/cpp
define          = -DFLEXIBLE

integrator      = cg
nsteps          = 5000