[gmx-users] Re: ligand protein complex with ffamber99

Alan alanwilter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 10:13:24 CET 2008

Hello Ragnarok,
I am the author of acpypi and I believe Mark's guessing right. I strongly
suggest you to look my simple tutorial for some warnings about where to
place correctly the entries for amberff in *.top file:

http://code.google.com/p/acpypi/wiki/TutorialAcpypi4Gromacs

In particular: "*NB(1):* #include "Ligand.itp" has to be inserted right
after ffamber**.itp line and before Protein_*.itp line in *Complex.top*."

I intendo to update this tutorial for a more realistic situation (i.e.,
using PME for instance, etc.), but only in Jan when I intend to make an
official release. I also suggest to use latest revision o acpypi since I
updated that last week.

I also want people to know that I tested acpypi and ffAMBER for GMX 3.3.1
with GROMACS 4.0.2 and seemed to work like a charm.

Cheers,
Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.