[gmx-users] Possible bug in parallelization, PME or load-balancing on Gromacs 4.0_rc1 ??

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 11:07:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

Your PME nodes seem to be running one order of magnitude slower than they should.
This could be explained by a memory usage problem, which is indicated by the out
of memory error.

I am running systems on 8 cores for 24 hours and the memory usage stays constant
after the first few steps.
I have no clue what the problem could be.
I am also looking into a dynamic load balancing problem which only seems to happen
on the Cray XT4 and for which I, up till now, also have no clue what could cause this.

What compiler (and version) are your using?

Berk