[gmx-users] Possible bug in parallelization, PME or load-balancing on Gromacs 4.0_rc1 ??

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 13:25:10 CEST 2008

Hi,

The Cray XT4 has a torus network, but you don't get access to it as a torus.
You will get assigned processors which can be anywhere in the machine
and they are usually never in a nice cube, but there are always some missing.
Therefore software, such as Gromacs, can not make use of proper Cartesian
(torus) communication as one can for instance on a Blue Gene.

I have no clue about the wallclock issue.
Can you find out if the run took 1.35 or 4 hours?
The start time is somewhere at the beginning of the log file.

Berk