[gmx-users] Docking using MDS

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 1 15:26:10 CEST 2008

Please make sure you are including the gmx-users list in your replies.

vivek sharma wrote:
> Hi justin,
> Thanks for your reply...
> Actually I tried docking with autodock, but I am not happy with the
> results I am getting, they are not showing the expected energy value and
> interaction as reported in literature.

Well, then the first thing to look for is orientation.  If AutoDock did not
produce the right orientations for your ligands, *maybe* MD will.  Visual
inspection would be the most immediate thing to do.

Any other forms of analysis would be dependent upon your system.  Do your
ligands form H-bonds with the amino acids of your receptor (g_hbond)?  Do
contacts within the protein change, and/or what contacts between the ligand and
protein result (g_mdmat)?

Other than that, read the descriptions of the analysis tools, maybe they will
inspire you :)

-Justin

> So, I want to try docking using MDS(to study ligand binding by MD) as
> well as scoring docked results using MDS (running MD on docked
> configurations).
>
> And I am having no clue for the same, any suggestion or guidance would
> be of great help.
>
> With Thanks,
> Vivek
>
> 2008/10/1 Justin A. Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu <mailto:jalemkul at vt.edu>>
>

>     vivek sharma wrote:
>
>         Hi There,
>
>         I am trying to run MD simulation for screening  my docking
>         result, but I am not aware of what are the parameters and
>         analysis we can do for docking by using MD simulation.
>

>     That depends entirely upon the scope of your question and what you
>     want to learn.  Are you running MD on docked configurations, or are
>     you trying to study ligand binding by MD?
>
>     What is it that you are trying to investigate?  This question will
>     largely motivate what type of analysis you do.
>
>     -Justin
>
>         If anybody have tried the similiar things using GROMACS, Please
>         help me in this regard.
>

>         With Thanks,
>         VIvek

>         before posting!
>         Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>         www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org
>         <mailto:gmx-users-request at gromacs.org>.
>         Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php
>

>     --