[gmx-users] Improving scaling - Gromacs 4.0 RC2

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 10:06:44 CEST 2008

Hi,

Looking at your 64 core results, it seems that your PP:PME load ratio is about 1:1.
In most cases 3:1 is much better performance wise.
grompp probably also printed a note about this and also how to fix it.
I have also described this shortly in the parallelization section of the pdf manual.

You should probably increase your cut-offs and pme grid spacing by the same factor
(something around 1.2).
Hopefully mdrun should choose the proper number of pme nodes for you
when you do not use -npme.

Berk