[gmx-users] Improving scaling - Gromacs 4.0 RC2

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:20:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

I just noticed in your mdp parameters that you have nstlist=0.8 and rvdw=1.4.
This is bad for domain decomposition, since it will always communicate all atoms
up to 1.4 nm.

You should increase rlist and rcoulomb to something between 1.0 and 1.2
and increase the PME grid spacing with the same factor.
In that way you can probably also get to a PME load of 25%.

Berk