[gmx-users] off topic: graduate school opportunity

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:11:32 CEST 2008

For those interested in graduate school doing molecular dynamics and
free energy simulations, please read on.

To the rest, sorry that this is somewhat off topic, but I thought it
might be of interest to some because of my past involvement on the
mailing list.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I recently started my own
research group in the Chemistry Department at the University of New
Orleans. My group will be continuing various free energy studies,
including working on methods for more accurate prediction of binding
free energies, small molecule solvation and solubility, etc.

If you are interested in a graduate program in chemistry, or you know
someone who might be, and this work sounds interesting, I urge you to
contact me at this e-mail address. I'm looking for some graduate
students to join my group here. We are accepting applications NOW for
the spring semester, and through March or so for Fall 2009.

You can get some information on the department at
http://www.chem.uno.edu and on admissions specifically at
http://www.chem.uno.edu/ChemistryDepartmentfolder/Information.html,
and if you need more info, contact me or the selections committee
(chemsele at uno.edu). While I do not currently have RA support for
students, I anticipate having some in the near future, and in the
meantime anyone joining my group would be supported by a TA position.

Thanks for your time.

David Mobley, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
University of New Orleans