[gmx-users] GMX 4.0 RC2: mdrun writes broken molecules?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Oct 5 16:32:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been running some simulations with Gromacs 4.0 RC2, and I've noticed
something strange.  In the output .gro file at the end of a run, the molecules
in my system (a membrane protein) are broken, crossing periodic boundaries.
This affects the lipids at the periphery of the box, in my case.

Has there been some change since the previous version that mdrun is now writing
broken molecules to fit everything within the unit cell?  Or is this behavior
unintentional?

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080