[gmx-users] Re: Finding centroid for a bunch of residues

sobereva sobjubao at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Oct 6 14:33:46 CEST 2008

Hi
It's easy to find centroid of a bunch of residues in
VMD.
For example,you want to find centroid of residue 1 5
8.
First,you input "atomselect top {resid 1 5 8}" in
console of VMD,if "atomselect0" appear,then input
"measure center atomselect0 weight mass",coordinate of
centroid will display.

For the second question,in VMD,when you pointing at an
atom,its coordinate will display in console.
If you want select an atom by specifying its
coordinate,in "Selected atoms" text box,you can input
coordinate range of atoms,e.g. "x>3 and x<4".

-- Lu Tian