[gmx-users] Gromacs 3.3.1. and 3.3.3

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 10:29:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

Fully agree with that one. But the big problem is with simulations for
comparison that you have to justify that a bug fix could not be the
cause of a difference between simulations (or could even counteract on
something which should give a difference). So even with minor
revisions, unless you can assure that the bug fix has no consequences
for the properties measured, one should not just switch within a
project. The state of the program/force field/parameters should be
part of the controlled environment, and any bias due to that can be
assumed to equally affect all simulations.
Anyway, in either case, the answer is: rerun that one simulation with
3.3.3 if you want to be able to do some meaningful comparisons (and
better repeat every simulation at least once more to improve
statistics).

Cheers,

Tsjerk