[gmx-users] Continuing a crashed run when running simulation in parts

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Sun Oct 12 14:15:16 CEST 2008

Hi,

In Gromacs 3.3 and earlier that depended on whether you were writing
velocities & coordinates to the full precision trajectory - we can
only restart from a frame where we have that.

Starting with Gromacs 4, runs are automatically checkpointed every 15
minutes (by default). Then you can not only restart, but even append
to the output trajectories.

Cheers,

Erik