[gmx-users] Fedora port of Gromacs available

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi
Tue Oct 21 11:23:58 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 10:11 +0300, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
> installing GROMACS has just become that much easier. I have made RPMs
> that have now been included in Fedora 8 and Fedora 9. The packages are
> also available in the Fedora EPEL testing branches
> ( http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL ).
>
> In Fedora 8-> install with the following command:
> 	$ yum -y install gromacs
> If you also want to be able to run with MPI parallelization:
> 	$ yum -y install gromacs{‚-mpi}

NB. Some binaries have been renamed. All of the binaries start with g_ ,
for example:

	g_grompp
	g_mdrun
	g_x2top
	g_pdb2gmx

The above mentioned are single precision versions. To use the double
precision version, use e.g.

	g_grompp_d
	g_mdrun_d
	g_x2top_d
	g_pdb2gmx_d

And, for MPI enabled binaries (at the moment only mdrun is packaged):

	g_mdrun_mpi
	g_mdrun_mpi_d

The first is the MPI single precision version and the second is the MPI
double precision version.
Jussi Lehtola, FM, Tohtorikoulutettava
Fysiikan laitos, Helsingin Yliopisto
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi, p. 191 50623
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi