[gmx-users] m) Re: modify bondfree.c and recompile

Jian Zou jianzou at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 00:54:59 CEST 2008

Hi Berk and Mark,

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will follow the safe way (make
under src or top-level dir).

> Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 02:29:14 +1100
> From: Mark Abraham <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au>
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Re: modify bondfree.c and recompile
> To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
>
> Jian Zou wrote:
>> Hi Mark, David and Bess,
>>
>> Thank you all for the suggestions.
>>

>> I know the dependency has to be somewhere in the Makefiles or the
>> files they include but I cannot find it. What I am doing is simply
>> "make" under top-level source directory followed by make install. In
>> this case, the content of all the files (except the RC files) under
>> bin and lib will be rebuild and differ from the previous build, even
>> from the same source.
>
> Great. So what's the problem?

I assume Gromacs put time stamp in the content of library and binary.
If this is true, it is difficult to identify whether the difference
comes from the change in the source or only from the time stamp.

Regards,

Jian